Canada is a country of immigrants and every immigrant has their own story, some are successful and some are not. There are cases where highly qualified professionals are doing odd jobs or subpar jobs that are not utilizing their capabilities. This condition neither serve purpose of the person who immigrated to Canada for better life nor it help society to benefit from the available skills. At the same token, students who are coming out of the education system have a hard time in finding jobs in their respected fields due to lack of visibility and contacts in the field where they want to make their career.
Indian Canadian Organization is working to bridge this gap. We have started “Mentoring” program to address above mentioned issues. We are organizing small workshops where we invite professionals from various fields to share their knowledge & experience with people who are interested to make their career in the same field. This workshop also allows networking opportunity with the right people who generally is difficult to get for the new immigrants or students.
Extending to these workshops, we have an ongoing program of “Mentoring “. People who meet in workshop can identify and discuss for the mentorship from the visiting professionals.
Benefits to you as the Mentor:
•Enhances your leadership and facilitation skills and challenges you to be your best
– Leverage and share your knowledge, skills and experiences
– Exchange candid, honest feedback
• Creates a collaborative learning environment in which you learn from the experiences of your Mentee
• Provides a level of personal satisfaction as you contribute to “Developing Others” and to “Build for the Future”
• Allows you to give back to the society by sharing your knowledge and expertise
Benefits to you as the Mentee:
• Provides an opportunity to learn from a more experienced partner, someone you respect and want to emulate
• Creates a structured and supportive environment in which to:
– Reflect on past experiences to assess personal strengths and opportunities for development
– Focus on building capabilities for current role and potential “future roles”
– Identify objectives, longer term career aspirations and appropriate action plans
– Accelerate the learning process
– Expand personal and professional networks
Please contact info@IndianCanadian.Org for more details and enrollment